Template by:
Free Blog Templates

Thursday, January 31, 2008

Asian Fairyland Channel - Copycat Forum


Today, I had a guest drop by my blog and posted a link to their site... Supposedly a 'new' Asian entertainment site... So I was thinking okay cool, let's check it out...

To my horror... it looks AWFULLY familiar.
Well let's see... this is my forum's header:


And this is the 'new' Asian forum header, well the skin is no doubt the same as AR's, but of course the banner is of lesser quality:


As I scrolled down the page, more things look familiar:




And then, I was choked, even the Root Admin title -> CHIEF ADMIN is ripped!
I of course, wasn't happy with that, because I know I thought of the title MYSELF... took about maybe an hour to come up with it, it was of course inspired by the Chieftain Tauren title in Warcraft, so yeah, I thought of Chief Admin, and I wanted this title coz it's original.. and guess what, it's not original anymore, thanks to this copycat forum.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


And what's new?...

Correction, what else is 'old'?
OMG, check out their intro!!! Their Chief Admin probably is literally challenged, can't even come up with their own introduction, has to copy from AR word for word!

Here's the intro yours truly wrote for AR, note the date it was posted as proof that THEY copied from US:
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


And this is their pathetic intro:
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


So, what's my conclusion of this forum?

No originality, pathetic and cheap!
What, they can't even come up with a decent name that is unique, their initials resemble that of Asian Fanatics, which has been around way longer than them.

So, to Asian Copyland Channel - PLEASE COME UP WITH YOUR OWN STUFF.
Do NOT rip from others so shamelessly, word for word!

And yes, this is a flame post... because I really don't appreciate anyone copying off me ALMOST EVERYTHING that I have spent time and effort to come up with. If they indeed have some dignity left, they would consider revamping their stuff, and come up with their own ORIGINAL stuff.

The only consolation I get is probably the fact that my stuff must be THAT good, that someone has copied them so fast!

BOO to Asian Fairyland Channel aka Asian COPYLAND Channel.

/end rant.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

My God! their intro is *speechless* can't they even think of a decent intro for their forum? if they are 'creative' enough to copy from AR, I wonder why couldn't they think of making something on their own?! never mind, I'll take this as joke of the day...

Anonymous said...

Well, what can I say:
"Imitation is the most sincere form or flattery" :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Devious,
I have logged into some of the forum too.Isn't this a skin that you can get from your forum provider?I have seen a few with the same skin as well.You mean you created this?

Admin said...

@Anonymous:
No, I don't mind them using the same skin, but everything else! Click on the More Info for all the other screenshots...
It's the forum description in blue (not the default color), forum icon size (not the default size), Chief Admin title, forum INTRODUCTION, and spamming rules, all are taken from AR...

I mean, come on, if you wanna use the same skin, at least try to come up with ur own stuff, to have some originality.. but no.. this site copies from AR with no shame.

Anonymous said...

Sorry for this.I got to know this from one of my friend.As I'm very new to forum,I hire someone to handle the interface for me.I do not know it looks exactly like yours.Please accept my sincere apologies.I've asked other people to do a new one for me.Sorry!

Admin said...

Ah, I assume you are one of the Admins?
Okay, that's cool, as long as you are willing to change. Thanks.

Admin said...

I will remove this post and the one in my forum once you have changed stuff that are copied. :)

Admin said...

And you should really ask for reimbursement from that stupid copycat that you hired.

Post a Comment